This is a good school:-
- Students make good progress from their very low starting points. Disabled students and those with special educational needs make equally good progress.
- The quality of teaching is good and some is outstanding. Teaching has improved since the academy opened and most teachers plan their lessons well to make sure that students achieve as well as they should.
- Teachers mark students’ work regularly and provide them with very helpful comments on how to achieve the next level of attainment.
- Students behave well and feel safe in the academy. Students’ attendance is in line with the national average.
- Leaders, managers and governors have an accurate understanding of the academy’s strengths and have taken decisive action to improve the quality of teaching and raise standards further. This is an academy that continues to improve.
- The subjects and qualifications available to students in all three key stages have been chosen thoughtfully in order to ensure that every student can be well prepared for the next stage in their school career.
- The skilled and committed governing body actively challenges leaders when necessary.
- The sixth form is good. Students achieve well and make a positive contribution to the life of the academy.
To download the complete report, please click on the link below: