Sports-Premium-Strategy-Statement-2017-18.pdfThe Pupil Premium is additional finance given to publicly funded schools in England targeted specifically to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils and close the gap between them and their peers.
The pupil premium grant is provided because national research has shown that in some cases, pupils who are eligible may need additional support and resources to achieve the very highest grades. The government provides us with Pupil Premium Funding so that we can commission and allocate additional support to ensure that all pupils achieve their potential.
The support can be in a short burst of a few weeks or run for a longer period of time. This may take the form of one-to-one or small group teaching. It can be additional resources, enrichment, or access to opportunities that may accelerate learning or develop greater ambition.
It is extremely important that all parents/carers of children eligible for Free School Meals (FSM) do register (even if you then choose to not take the meals) as this grant enables us to provide extra resources for children. To register for FSM go to our Free School Meals web page.
Level of Pupil Premium funding
Pupil premium funding is paid to schools according to the number of pupils who have:
- Been registered as eligible for free school meals at any point in the last 6 years
- A parent in the Armed Forces
- Been looked after for one day or more, are adopted, leave care under a special guardianship order or a residence order
In the 2014 to 2015 financial year, schools will receive:
- £1300 for each eligible primary-aged pupil
- £935 for each eligible secondary-aged pupil
- £1900 for each eligible looked-after pupil
- £300 for each eligible student with parents in the Armed Forces.
Please click on the relevant document below to view pupil premium information:
Academic Year 2016 - 2017
Academic Year 2015 - 2016
This information is unvalidated and will be validated in December 2016.
Academic Year 2014 - 2015
Academic Year 2016 – 2017
Academic Year 2017-2018