Early Years Foundation Stage
EYFS Academy Day
The EYFS Academy day is flexible in nature and will have increased formal teaching developmentally appropriate as the children progress through the academic year.
During each Academy day there will be:
- Daily large group time sessions where the teaching will focus on English and Maths skills
- Daily teaching of phonics (letters and sounds), numbers and patterns (maths) as well as mark making (handwriting) sessions. These will be taught in small differentiated groups directed by an adult.
In addition, throughout the continuous provision:
- Children will have opportunities to be directed by an adult, whilst working in small groups, which will be tailored to their own individual learning needs.
- There will be regular individual and small group guided reading to practise and develop phonic skills.
The Early Years Foundation Stage is based on four themes:
- A Unique Child
- Positive Relationships
- Enabling Environments
- Learning and Development Curriculum